Monday, July 27, 2009

Just Checking In - New Prima Mini Packs

I haven't had the opportunity to check in since our 1st All Day Crop on Saturday. I can hardly believe that it was 10 hours of cropping! It flew by so fast. I guess time DOES fly when you are having fun.

There were so many beautiful pages created during the crop. The talent that graced our store was unbelievable! Sandra and I were honored to have so many talented women all in one place. Keep up the good work girls. Every month you always seem to amaze us!

So about the title on this post. We've been busy with flowers. We all love to use flowers in our projects, but having 90-100 flowers in a bottle or package, it seems like those flowers are more than one person will ever use up. We've decided to start breaking down these lucious flowers into smaller more managable packs. Separating each container by color and size then recounting them so that there are anywhere from 30-35 flowers in a smaller "Mini Pack". We've done our very best to ensure that you get a the same ratio of flowers that already come in a full container. So far, these smaller packs have been a HUGE hit this weekend. We also took all the extras and put them in a basket so that if you only need a few flowers you can pick the colors and sizes that you want! We currently have Daisies and several Hydrangeas counted out. We'll be doing ALL the flowers in the store that come in large quantities. I even get my kids sorting and counting. My dining room table turns into a bed of Primas! Believe it or not, it is my son that doesn't complain about helping. Just another way to make scrapping more fun and less intimidating!

I've also been working on our first paper piecing CD. This is way overdue and a project that I have been working on forever. Unfortunately, it always seems that when I get the time to work on it, something comes up. It's not a matter of creating patterns... I've made hundreds of them over the years. The problem is making sure the CD and instructions are easy to follow and clearly written... complete with images to walk you through every step of the way. I'm currently in the process of putting the finishing touches on it. I hope to have it available in the next few weeks.

Besides that, I really wish I was in Orlando (and not because of the heat).


Until later... Happy Scrappin'






No comments: