Saturday, August 29, 2009

Do things every slow down enough to...

scrap again! Gosh, I miss playing with paper. It's been weeks since I've picked up a piece of paper and a trimmer and actually did something with it besides pack it in a box for shipping. Not that I am complaining... but I miss scrapbooking.

So why have I not been able to play with paper? Another week in the life of a busy mom who owns a scrapbook store. Abby and Dougie started school this past Monday. Where did the summer go!!! Talk about trying to get back into the swing of things. Wow! Another grade, more homework than last year, early mornings, and a toddler that misses her siblings terrible! Not to worry, she starts pre-school September 9. Boy, that will be a tough day for me. But, on the brighter side, once she gets through her first week, I'll be opening the shop back up a few extra hours during the week.

Another major event this week that really had me bummed out... I had to take my elderly kitty to the vet. She's almost 20 years old. That's pretty old for a cat. Anyway, turns out her kidneys are failing and we don't have much time left with her. The doctor gave her some antibiotic for an infection that they can't pinpoint, but it should fix her up a bit. The doc says that we could have anywhere from 6 weeks to 1 year left with her before her body starts shutting down and I'll have to make "the decision". I'm not looking forward to that day.

If you have been to the website, you'll notice that I have been messing around with the graphics again and redesigning. That's my "scrapbooking" fix for now. So, please pardon my mess over there while I play. :)

Off to post another topic. Thanks for stopping by and checking up on things. Your comments are always welcome.

Kimm

No comments: