Monday, December 7, 2009

Our weekend croppers braved the snow!

Hello Friend!

What a weekend we had!  All of our little croppers and our Mom's braved the snow and came out for a morning and afternoon of FUN!  Yep, Sandy hosted 2 sessions.  There is no doubt that we have some budding diehard scrappers in the making.  Oh, and the talent!  Mom's, you certainly do a great job passing on your creativity to your little ones.   I was only able to get one picture from our afternoon group.  Charolette stayed for the morning session even after other things came up with her granddaughter... so she took some pictures for us too.   I can't wait to see them.

Here's our budding scrappers from the afternoon group...




They had so much fun... and Sandy spoiled them silly!

****************************

We were supposed to have only had 2 inches of snow, but I think it was 5 by the time it was all said and done.  Now, it's freezing cold outside!  Spring can't come soon enough.  One snowfall is all I need.

****************************

How about this darling Ribbon Tree Created by Sandy!  This would make a great Teacher's Gift, or a cute centerpiece on a table. 

 

To create the ribbon tree, Sandy used a styrofoam cone and covered it with ribbon. I believe she said each piece of ribbon was 4" in lengh. The ribbon is then looped and tacked in place with a pin. The star she picked up at one of the craft stores. You could make this with paper strips instead of ribbon. What a way to use up some of that paper stash we all have laying around. How about creating them smaller and decorating your place settings on your holiday table.

****************************

Here's a card I finally finished!  I'm still trying find 4 extra hours in a day - LOL.



This card was created using an adorable Bear and Robin Stamp from Stampavie.  The image was colored in with copic (and I'll be darned if I can remember what colors I used - sorry).  I added some Polar White Flower Soft to his Santa Hat and the base of the image.  Makes him look like he's sitting in the snow instead of "floating in space" - LOL.  The sentiment if from Kraftin' Kimmie's Holiday Sentiments.  With 44 sentiments in this set to choose from, it was hard to decide what one to use.  I think this one fit well. 

Cardstock is Bazzill, Patterned paper is Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses (my favorite line!)

Thanks for stopping by!

Kimm

No comments: