Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day & a new bathroom???

Hello friends!  Happy Mother's Day to all you hard working Mama's out there.  I whipped a quick card together for my dear mother-in-law while I was at the shop Saturday.  She is such a remarkable woman and an amazing Grammie!

It's been a crazy week to say the least.  My computer finally arrived on Wednesday.  Its been a tedious process getting back up and running, but I have been making progress.  Going from a 10 inch screen to a 15 inch screen has been a DREAM!

My Hubby has decided to undertake remodeling the bathroom.  Not necessarily by choice.  There was a small drip behind the tub over the years (who knows how many, we've only been here 4 years), that rotted out the floor and walls.  Needless to say we've had to treat for mold too.  And who puts Pergo flooring in a wet bathroom anyway?  Yo!  It's not made to get wet, unless it is sealed.  We knew this project was coming and since we got some income tax money back, it was now time to make it happen.  The plan was to replace the tub and flooring then wait to change out the cabinets, toilet and sink.  I can see how this is going.  Oh, we also have a huge hole in the kitchen ceiling from a leak (more like gush) that happened while they were putting in the new plumbing.  Remodeling is 3 times the work and 4 times the headache!  Sorry, no photos!  I was at the shop all day while this was going on.

Anyway, here is the card I have made for my mother-in-law.  Last week's Sketch (which I missed) at one of the Magnolia challenges inspired me.  Of course, another project I started and was crunching my time to finish it.

Card Recipe:
  • Papers:  Bazzill Cardstock, Basic Grey Kioshi, Neenah Cardstock
  • Medium:  Magnolia Stamp, Copic Markers, Prima colored pencils with OMG, distress ink, stickles glitter glue for her dress.
  • Embellishments:  Mulberry Paper Flowers, Silk Ribbon from Stash, pearl pins from stash.
  • Tools:  Sewing Machine, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Border Punch, Printer for sentiment.
I also created a box for this card.  I really guessed at all the measurements since I didn't have a guide to follow.  It fits perfectly.  I used matching papers and added a beaded ribbon trim around the lid of the box.

I don't think I did to back for throwing it together quickly.

Thanks for stopping by and allowing me to share with you another "Beary Sweet" Design by Me.


Hugs

4 comments:

Patricia Mae said...

This is very pretty Kimm she going to love it, and yea new bathroom. Sorry to hear about all the water damage but look at what you will get now all new.
~Patricia

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Oh Kimm, this is so sweet! I'm sure your mom-in-law loves it.

I hope *you* had a great Mother's Day!

Cheers,
Susan

Maureen said...

Wow, what a beautiful card and box! Your work is wonderful! Lucky Mother In Law. Hope you had a great Mother's Day too.

Sassy Scrapper said...

Ahh. Kim your card is gorgeous! I bet your mother-in-law loved it!
Good luck on the remodeling. I know all too well how that all goes. One small projects ALWAYS turns into a Huge one. But it will be done and you will love it.
Hugs Bonnie